To ensure you receive hill alerts, make sure you follow our direction to enter your cell phone number in the correct field.
Stonehill utilizes our Hill Alert emergency notification system to quickly and efficiently communicate with the campus community via text message—as well as through email or a phone call—in case of an emergency on campus.
Provide your cell phone number
To setup Hill Alert to be sent to your phone, you must login to myHill and provide your cell phone number in a specific "Cellular" phone field.
Follow the instructions below to review and update your home address and phone numbers to receive Hill Alerts.
- Login to myHill
- Students - Hover over "Students" in the global navigation bar and select "Academics" from the drop-down. Select "My Profile" under student information on the left. Click "Edit/View Addresses and Phones" on the left.
Employees - Hover over "Employees" in the global navigation bar and select "Resources" from the drop-down. Select "My Employment Profile" under employment information on the left. Click "My Profile" button and then click the pencil symbol in the phones section.
- Click Current under the Permanent/Legal address type to change your home address or one of your personal phone numbers. The Update Address and Phones page will be displayed. Do not change the dates in the Valid From and Until This Date fields.
- If necessary, update your address by typing over your existing address.
Important for cell phone users: While you may consider your cell phone your "Primary Phone Number" (Step 5), for the purposes of Hill Alert it must be entered as "Phone Type → Cellular" (Step 6). You may enter it in both fields if you choose.
- The home phone or "landline" for your address should be entered into the Primary Phone Number For This Address field found immediately below your address information. Be sure to enter the area code and phone number in their appropriate boxes.
- In the first field under Phone Type, select Cellular from the drop-down menu and enter your cell phone area code and phone number into the corresponding fields. FINAL NOTICE: The Cellular phone type is used to receive text message alerts to your cell phone using the Hill Alert system. Make sure that this is the first field under the Phone Type list to ensure you receive all Hill Alerts.
- Once you have completed the changes, just click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- You'll be brought back to the Update Addresses and Phones page, at which point you can continue to modify another address type, navigate back to My Profile (students) or My Employee Profile (Employees), or close the browser tab.